Tuesday, August 7, 2012

OPI: No Room For The Blues

 OPI: No Room For The Blues


This is going to be a quick post. Todays manicure is OPI No Room For the Blues from their brights collection. It's a beautiful bright blue creme that is unlike anything else I have in my collection (and I love blue polish). Formula is standard for OPI; not too thin, not too thick a perfect two coater. Not much else to say here, they're known for their quality and this color is no exception.
OPI No Room For The Blues
Batch Shot

OPI No Room For The Blues + CG For Audrey + Microglitter = Fabulously Nautical




On my ring finger I did an accent nail using China Glaze For Audrey and some craft glitter. I happened to have some leftover microglitter from a project I did re-epoxying my roller derby helmet and I realized it looked exactly like the microglitter they sell at Sally's Beauty Supply. I got mine at Michaels, like a huge 6 pack of vibrant colors for 6 dollars using my 40% off coupon...it works great! I used two coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry topcoat to make everything smooth afterwards. It's not my favorite top coat but it is good for smoothing rough surfaces due to its gel-like consistency. 



So yeah, I got lots of compliments on this color from guys, it was funny! I feel like men notice bold blue and green colors more and women notice (or point out) the more feminine colors I wear. One guy even remarked that he was going to run out and buy a shirt in this color. No scientific research for this conclusion, just based on my observations at work (I'm currently waitressing so people see my hands very frequently). 


Love this color and will most definitely be reaching for it again! (As soon as I finish up my huge box of untrieds LOL)


No comments:

Post a Comment