Saturday, July 28, 2012

Jade Holographics: Sedução Rosa

Jade: Sedução Rosa

So...if you hadn't heard, I like nail polish. But in particular my latest fiending has been for holographic polishes. As a latecomer to the polish party I missed out on the infamous China Glaze OMG collection and had to resort to stalking e(vil)Bay in order to attain a bottle from that collection. Well after spending hours poring over the internet attempting to find amazing linear holographics from collections past it occured to me that somewhere...somehow....someone might be currently producing holographic polishes that I could simply buy without them being "VHTF". Duh! Why didn't I think of that earlier...

My searches led me to Llarowe where I found gems from Glitter Gal, Ludurana, Jade and more. Also if you're looking for currently in production holo's Layla has a line out that's pretty bad-ass that you can get at Ulta or Zappos, but I digress. This post is about Jade. Every review I came across seemed to be translated from portuguese but that's because these polishes are from Brazil. The first time I wore this I was so pumped to be able to tell people that it was from Brazil and they'd have to order it online (hehe not sure why that made me feel so special but it did). You will feel special too, watch!


 Sedução Rosa

My first impressions were that it was a small bottle. 8mls so it's a bit smaller than the 15 ml OPI or China Glaze bottle I'm used to wielding. It also has a slim handle which you might find more or less convenient. For me, less...but only because the handle is tapered and I felt it a little awkward. The brush itself is relatively standard. Not soft or stiff...or particularly wide or narrow. Ordinary brush. 

On to the good stuff. The holo rainbows on this polish are just gorgeous. Right from the first coat I was getting excited but two coats seemed to be enough for full opacity. The holographic effect can be seen in low lighting but is particularly intense outside in the sun. These pictures don't do the holo effect justice, which is my fault because I was so stoked to swatch this one I couldn't wait for sun (it rained for 4 days straight maybe) and I took these pictures indoors with flash.



As a comparison I own OPI DS Signature, and China Glaze BFF which are also pink holos (gotta stop buying those).  Without swatching them I can say CG BFF is more salmon colored than Jade Seducao Rosa and doesn't show up as strongly in low light. DS Signature is more plum by comparison and not as linear in it's hologram effect but still very strong. Swatches to come!

L-R China Glaze BFF, OPI DS Signature, Jade Sedução Rosa
(On nails CG Ride the Waves, of course the sun comes out when you take your holo polish OFF)

I didn't have a problem with patchiness or balding as some people complain of with holographic polishes however I wear acrylics so my nails are not as porous. Natural nails might need an aqua base of some sort..not sure. My manicure started to chip after 3 days but not badly or in huge chips, just tip wear had gotten troublesome at this point. I did not use a top coat because the one I tried (Sally Hansen Insta Dry) dulled the holo effect to the point that I took off that polish and repainted that nail.

So yeah, good experience with Llarowe and will definitely be purchasing with them again. Also I was happy with my Jade polish and will be trying not to use up the whole bottle before the summer is over. I love pink, and I love holos so naturally this was a match made in heaven (or Brazil)!

No comments:

Post a Comment