Friday, July 20, 2012

L'Oreal Amazon's Flare



 L'Oreal Amazon's Flare feat Essie A Cut Above

 

Today's nail of the day is L'Oreal Amazon's Flare in a jelly "sammich" with Essie A Cut above. I used 1 coat of Amazon's Flare followed by one coat of A Cut Above followed by an additional coat of AF, all topped with Borghese Presto Top Coat for shine. 
L'Oreal Amazon Flare
I picked up Amazon's Flare in the discount bin at Ocean State Job Lot (which is for those of you who don't know a discount store in New England that carries lots of random stuff that changes on a weekly basis). Only 2 dollars, so I didn't feel bad adding to my ever growing collection of polish and it was such a pretty pink how could I resist?

L-R: L'Oreal Amazon's Flare, Essie A Cut Above, Borghese Presto
 The formula was fine for a jelly. I knew what I was getting myself into. Very buildable coverage that makes me want to use this polish again for a "syrup nails" type manicure. This was my first jelly sandwich mani but it came out so cute I want to try it again with different colors. Because I used pink glitter and a pink jelly polish it is kind of reminiscent of a flaky top coat manicure but with only pink tones. Really pretty, like a pink Koi fish or something.

Indoors with natural lighting


This was my first time using Essie A Cut Above. I feel that there is a liberal amount of glitter allowing you to only use one coat and still get glamorous coverage. In fact, I'll probably pick up Set In Stones (the silver equivalent) when I get a chance. I used Borghese Presto Top coat to help dry the layers faster and add some luster. This is my all time favorite top coat. No shrinkage, no bald spots just quick deep drying clear top coat. I also found this in the bin at Ocean State Job Lot. I heard Borghese is actually discontinued so I made sure to grab like 5 of those top coats (which actually come free with the purchase of a Borghese Rapido color)... don't wanna run out you know ;) 

Amazon's Flare was part of L'Oreals Fall 2011 collection that all seems to be named after birds. Of the collection I found Amazon's Flare and Cockatoo Mystery and was happy with just those two as the rest of the collection seemed to be mostly golds and reds which are not my favorite. Cockatoo's Mystery is a cool toned grey which in bottle appears to maybe be a dupe of Orly Faint of Heart, but we'll see when I get around to swatching it!

Happy Painting Friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment