Friday, July 20, 2012

Rimmel: Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss



Rimmel London: Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss


I am a Kate Moss fan. Damn she makes waifishly thin look chic. I'm one of those tiny girls anyways (no bulimia or cocaine kthanks) and I've just always loved the way she wore her clothes. That said I was drawn to this lipstick display in Walgreens where I ordinarily wouldn't be. That's right Kate Moss totally sold me on lipstick. I hardly ever wear it. Ok, more like never with my heap of glosses cluttering my purses and bathroom sink...until now! 

 
Bam! It's so red and sexy :) 



Kate Moss for Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick #11

Something about lipstick has always felt far more sophisticated and ladylike than me, but in my old age of 25 I find I'm starting to like that. The tube is plastic but doesn't feel cheap. I love that it has her signature on the shell, cute! I hate that the barcode is a huge white sticker though so I peel that off. 

The display had several shades of red a few pinks, and then a purple that was interesting but red #11 stuck out to me. It's like fire-engine bombshell red. That's how I feel when I put it on, like I'm back in some old-school pinup movie glamour shoot or something. The color is rich and intensifies which each layer that you apply. Even after blotting it lasts for hours. It's such an awesome classic red lipstick and it made my lips feel soft and not waxy. I hate that cheap crayon-lipstick taste. I ended up going back and purchasing a backup just in case. At first I didn't think I had many places to wear red lipstick but then I decided "Hell, why not wear it everywhere!". So I do. 
I'm not overdressed, I'm extra-classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment