Sunday, May 20, 2012

Essie: Playdate

Essie: Playdate

So, I finally got my hands on this little gem. I had been going back and forth about getting this ever since I saw it in Walgreens a few weeks ago. I ended up purchasing something else but googled it later and after hearing rave reviews about the formula and rooting through my collection to see if I had a similar purple shade I decided I had to have it. Went back last week, damn if they weren't sold out. ::facepalm:: totally knew I shoulda bought it the other day. Anyhow, managed to find it at Walmart the other day tossed behind some other stuff. It's weird because Walmart doesn't seem to know which colors are "new". The other day I found a lone bottle of Go Overboard on clearance. Sure...if two months ago is outdated, I'll take a discount ;) Rambling...on to the review.


Formula: C
I don't know what everyone is talking about. Mine was goopy, probably correctable with thinner but I didn't try. Maybe its the humidity...In either case this was one of the most difficult to work with Essies I have. It was fairly self leveling so that helped but still didn't defeat the brush strokey-ness (word?)
Color: A
I must be on a purple kick, because I realized I bought some Revlon Liquid Lipstick in a similar shade...but this purple is fabulous. Reminds me of a muted, retro Fanta purple. Got several compliments on this at work today.
Chipping: A
No chipping so far, the pics are after two days of wear. I'm a working mom so I get my hands dirty...crap polish doesn't last a day. 



And yes I'm reading Hunger Games. Two coats here of Playdate on the pinky, middle, and index. Two coats of China Glaze Liquid Crystal on the ring as an accent.

I still recommend getting this. I think I might add a little thinner next time I use it, and maybe use three coats if it seems thin. The color payout is phenom, which keeps me coming back. The price ehhhh...you know, it's the colors with Essie. They'd better hope Sinful Colors doesn't start matching them in the pastels department because their price would really give Essie a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment