Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Orly Flash Glam: Be Brave

Orly Flash Glam: Be Brave

On Wednesdays we wear pink. Pink holographic bar glitter that is....

So I managed to score a couple of sweet little gems a little early from Sally's Beauty. I noticed Orly's Flash Glam line first a couple weeks ago when I was in a store near my job. I hadn't heard anything about it yet but the gold bar glitter/chunky hex glitter mix in Sashay My Way caught my eye so I bought it. Orly often attaches swatches of their colors to their display (which is great because even if the bottle is missing you get to see the colors). Of the 6 or so available there were only a couple bottles left and of course Be Brave (the fuschia bar glitter) was gone. 

Well, when I got home I googled it only to find out that they weren't technically coming out until June 1st and that store must've just been an early release. Determined to find another one, I asked one of the storekeepers at the Sallys in my town and she hooked me up early! 
Be Brave, Sashay My Way




Eeeek! Glitter overload! I love all things shiny and especially holographic so I was even happier to find that the bar glitter in Be Brave is a beautiful multi-toned green/pink/purple/blue/red holo. The pics don't do it justice but every way you turn your hand the light hits the glitter and it's like a disco on your nails. Amazeballs. 

Be Brave over After Party
Orly Be Brave layered over After Party
Here I have Be Brave layered over two coats of Orly After Party which is a black with some pink and purple glimmer to it. Apparently Orly is releasing a black polish Liquid Vinyl to be used with these Flash Glam polishes as a base. I was interested but I didn't want her to have to take another trip to the back room and I wasn't exactly wanting to buy too many more black nail polishes this summer when I just got After Party a few weeks ago. I used two coats of Be Brave, and I did have to poke around a few of the glitters but not excessively. Two coats feels relatively smooth but I ended up applying top coat after I took these pics because I love that glassy shine and also wanted my mani to last until work on Friday. (If I don't get all ADD and switch it because I'm dying to try out these Ma.Nish.Ma matte neons..... I swear this isn't a nail blog. (or at least it wasn't meant to be...I love nail blogs) Anyways ;)

For your comparison:
Here is a shot of Be Brave and Sashay My Way next to a Milani Jewel FX for a glitter size comparison. These are not fine glitters. These are chunky LOOK AT ME glitter! Sashay My Way I'm planning to put over a nice dark teal creme...or maybe eggplant. Big plans for this one, swatches to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment