Friday, May 25, 2012

Orly: Skinny Dip

Orly: Skinny Dip

This is the first Orly polish I've ever bought. I have one other but if I recall correctly I won it in a basket at a baby shower. Guess who's really good at guessing whats in the diaper? Me! Anyways, I was at Sally's perusing the new polish displays and noticed Orly's Feel The Vibe collection. I'm loving all the muted neons everyone is putting out this summer but of course the blue screamed out to me to purchase. And I did, of course being a sucker for blues and greens. 


The color doesn't remind me of skinny dipping per say... Not in any water I've had the privilege of skinny dipping in anyways. It's like a bright aquamarine, high-opacity blue with more than a hint of shimmer. The shimmer in bottle can definitely be seen on the nail. I enjoyed this color as is, but forgot to take a picture of it before I topped it with Essie Shine of the Times. Here's a pic: 





Formula: Great. It was opaque in two coats. If I could describe perfect nail polish consistency this would be it...Orly you have a fan! Since I bought this, I've picked up 4 more. P.S. ladies I think Sally's is doing spring cleaning or something because they have a ton of polish on "Reduced" inventory.

Color: One of my favorite blues. I love the gently shimmer on such a bold color. I got lots of compliments on this one at work, but as you can see I also added Shine of The Times.

Wear:  Some people have complained about chipping with this color. I didn't experience that but I used a top coat. Not a single chip for at least a week, in fact I was like waiting for it to chip so I could try out a new color and it didn't.

This was my favorite of the Feel The Vibe collection. If you're a big fan of blue polish you NEED this one in your stash!



No comments:

Post a Comment