Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hitting Pan

Iman: Perfect Response Oil Blotting Pressed Powder

I hit pan again the other day. Surprisingly, kind of, because I swear I didn't hit pan so quickly on this before. Today I have for you my favorite (right now) pressed powder. It's the first non drugstore powder I ever tried  and it matches my skin so well. OK, I have to admit the first two times I bought this I LOVE LOVE LOVED it. This past time since they incorporated the "New Enriched Minerals" I'm not sure I love it as much. I swear I go through it faster and if I'm not mistaken it's slightly less red-toned which is one of the reasons I buy it in the first place. I purchase this powder in the color "Medium Deep" but I noticed last time I was in the store "Deep" appeared lighter than Medium Deep and some of the "Medium" palettes appeared darker than "Medium Deep". I was slightly confused. Honestly I feel like the amount of minerals in makeup varies bottle to bottle and I look at each package before I buy it. 



So here's a shot of the packaging. I find that it's a very sturdy compact. In fact my very first one is probably still floating around the center console of my truck for those "just in case" moments. The mirror is good sized and the plastic doesn't chip or crack. It comes with a little powder buff underneath but I never use it. When you open it, it tends to open to the applicator though so then if you don't use the applicator you have to flip the powder down. Super minor complaint. 

The powder itself is silky and not strongly scented (which is good because I hate overly perfumed cosmetics). It really does seem to control oil better than ordinary powders however I generally use it in conjunction with the Iman Time Control Oil Control Primer so I couldn't tell  you which one is doing the trick. The main reason I love this powder is the color which is why I was kind of disappointed last time. I swear they added "minerals" that gave me a slightly darker cast than usual. Also the first time I bought this product I didn't run out for at least nine months. The second time I hit pan in maybe a third of that time. I'm pretty sure I didn't start wearing 3 times as much makeup per day but who knows maybe it's my brushes. I ordered my re-up online because I couldn't get to the store and nearly ordered a shade lighter... but I didn't so we'll see when it gets here later this week how different the tones are. 

If I had to rate this product I would give it a B+. I'm sure there's probably a better HE product out there but for now I'm willing to give this another shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment